Tryst with Artifical Intelligence

This one comes from another blog page of mine that no longer exists:
The ideas expressed in the blog are completely my own and the events are "unfortunately" real. I have, infact, recently proposed a further revolutionary idea which is under development under my "supervision" (How I wish I was developing instead of supervising?) which is all set to take toll on me... Well thats life and thats the way I am... So here it goes...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quite recently I was entrusted with the task of "improving testing performance and automating it to suit the needs of our application". The task was accomplished even before the assignees could blink their eyes... Job done? Alas no!!!
There came an "ever expected" suggestion... "A job well done. It can decrease our task of testing and will not require manual testing intervention and is well suited to our needs. We can also perform a sanity test of our application every time it is deployed. But... (Oh it had to come, bring it on), does it generate a report of how well the testing went? (Ahh! I knew it and had already handled it)"
"Yes sir! It does, it validates the results with a set of pre-defined standard set of correct results"
"Wow man!! You do things well."
"But, simply validating results is not enough (Oh! The fool that I am, always feeding the fire that burns me, myself). It is enough if we are just performing a sanity test, but it is not appropriate just to validate the end results, it is imperative to validate the audit trail, validate if everything went properly in the application."
"So how do we do that?"
"By validating the application audit trail logs"
And then came the biggee "So can we automate it?"
"What? Validating the audit trail."
"Yes"
Something broke inside me, my pupils dilated, the ears started swooshing, felt like choking, and I found myself thinking... "Is it really what I heard. Is it really a demand for Artificial intelligence"
A cry rose but never reached my voice. How I wished I was capable of developing such intelligence and how I had failed. Not in developing an AI for the task but even developing many human minds with real god given intelligence to be capable of understanding the "Logs". How I have been unable to even explain the significance of existence of these logs. And here I stand with such a demand thrown at me...
Wish I could develop this AI and plant a chip in everyone, I would have accomplished what even God forgo...
And that's one instant when I do not react!!! "I just wish"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marketing strategy...

Winter is "chillilng"... pun intended

Askers vs Believers