Insanity

Reading this blog post can be injurious to sense and sensibility

The Friday had started signaling about the coming onslaught of madness, since early morning.

0800 hrs: I check my watch and find myself still in bed. It's raining outside and the weather was awesome. The idea of facing another day of work holed up inside the office, away from the cool breeze propelled the desire for making the most of this day. After all what life would it be if we didn't enjoy the days that can be (NOM to the other days when it's so hot outside that one can fry omlettes on my head). And heck I am late for office.

0815 hrs: There is no water for the bath. I had slept late last night just because I had turned on the water pump to fill up the overhead tank. I had reached home, late on Thursday night, thanks to the project that is ready for changes when even existing problems are not resolved. What am I? God… (Maybe :P. Aham Brahmasmi. Wah wah!!!). Had realized late, only after I had my dinner, that the overhead tank was empty. Started the pump and had it running for half hour before I slept. Had asked another roommate, who was still watching television and goes late to office to keep the pump running till he sleeps (Do remember this incident for it is all connected now). He stopped the pump then and there for he was too cozy to go downstairs later. And viola!!! When I woke up and went for my bath at 0815 hrs, there was no water for he had himself used up whatever I had filled. And he says, "Oh Gautam!! Maine abhi pump chalaya hai" while he watches some Bengali Saas bahu serial. God man!!! Get a life…

0915: Running at 60 KMPH (decent enough for my lowly caliber) I reach office. "The day should be perfect, after all the God* had resolved the issues with the help of some good and intelligent colleagues". (Oh!!! These people have been a boon to the God.). But again viola, nothing is as it appears. I find myself in a meeting with a technology team, trying to solve their issue that I have no idea about. Still all is well that ends well, but only when it's way past breakfast time. Thanks God, for the zombie friends of mine, who never get time for their meals and are always ready to accompany me for they had also not had any breakfast at normal hours.

1115 hrs: Got the salary slip. Good salary this time. But where is the money?

1615 hrs: I start getting crazy messages from my little cousin sis. Yippee!!! Cool light hearted messages, and that means GRAND DADS OF POOR JOKES. And then I get the sign "Few people are alive only because it's illegal to shoot them". The entire day had been littered with those, starting from the overhead tank to the screwed up shit of a code I have on my hands, that "The ones who are not named", desire to be turned into gold. What am I? God… (Maybe :P. Aham Brahmasmi. Wah wah!!!).

1915 hrs: "Aaj Manas ka birthday celebrate karna hai". And Gals not allowed. "Why you people always have non veg and drinks in parties? You people never leave scope for gals? Humari party kab hogi? Main apni birthday party doongi but non veg nahi. Aap log bhi mat khana"… The ruckus has started. Insanity starts taking it's grip.

2030 hrs: "Bhai chalo". I am waiting for Sachin for he would like to go with me. My machine is shut down. "Are Gautam ek ajeeb sa error aa raha hai". Oh how long has it been that I heard these words "Ajeeb sa error". And I sit to debug. All hell breaks loose. Ramesh babu is devastated, after all he doesn't know the "keemat of ek chutki sindoor".

2100 hrs: We leave. We reach home and as my usual routine I call up my home. "We are all going to Manas's place to celebrate his Birthday".

2200 hrs: We leave for Manas' place.

2230 hrs: "Manas kaha ho tum log" We are standing outside Whistling Palms. "Hum bas 15 mins mein aate hain. Ye Biryani bana raha hai wo pack kara ke". "Ok". Sachin and I are watching the gang war of dogs. The ones on our side of the road had raised a vendetta against the ones on the other.

2346 hrs: The dogs are tired. Finally the 15 mins are over and we move to Manas's place. "Hum burger khane ruk gaye the. Uska murga khatam ho gaya tha to wo doosra lene gaya tha". Even God feels hungry then what am I. And they had their burgers.

Party Party Party

Somehow everyone I meet with Manas has names like "lalli", "sikka", "yudi (don't even know how to spell it)". I was never told their actual names, or maybe these names stuck so strong that no one cared. And this brings to another totally insane idea:

{

Names are just like reference variables in java that point to an actual entity. The names do not mean anything in themselves, and everything is acceptable till they follow certain naming conventions. This parallel between names and references is not limited to Java culture but can be seen in other cultures too. In C cultures and it's offshoot C++, this manifests itself in the form of pointers.

Wow!!! I have read both the editions of Tao of Physics and it is one of the renowned best sellers of the world. I think I can write the Tao of Software Engineering.

}

0330 hrs: Sachin is deep asleep. We photograph him in compromising poses.

0345 hrs: Karthik calling for a Vada Pav. The Vada Pav War, Jolly (Ramesh babu): "Hum nahi khate Vada pav. Wo bhi koi khane ki cheej hai"

Karthik: "Aeee. I am a South Indian and Vada pav is a Maharstrian dish. I just like it"

The decision is taken, if everyone is going for Vada Pav, I can have "Tea". Tea Tea Tea… Any time any where. Tea has no counterparts. And Ramesh Babu just like you don't know the value of "ek chutki sindoor" you will never know the value of "Tea". So don't ask again, why Tea?

0415 hrs: Back at Manas' home and Jolly is in Biren mode. Finally Manas drops him home and we sleep there itself, exhausted.

0915 hrs: I am at my home, bathed, prayed and ready to take on another day. Head on.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marketing strategy...

Winter is "chillilng"... pun intended

Askers vs Believers