Hard Reboot

Startup:

The eyes open and the fan's whirring. It's dark outside the window and I have just broken from my deep reverie. Surprisingly the light in the living room is switched on. How can that be? Usually I am the one who sleeps late on weekends then who's up now?

Habitually I pick up my phone lying next to me on bed. I check the time and it says 2030. OK. I just keep it back. And then it hits me. 2030, how come? I pick up my other phone and it's also showing 2030.

Thoughts stream through the mind. What happened? Where did the day go away? It was Saturday night that I was sleeping through so how can it be 2030. Did I sleep through the entire Sunday. Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!! It can't be. Did I waste an entire day sleeping.

Booting:

The executables start running one by one. The system started restoring. Secondary storage charged up. No. I had not wasted the Sunday. No I had not slept through the entire Sunday. I remember now, it was Sunday afternoon when the shutdown happened. I was watching Seven, after having my lunch. I had had a lot of pulao with sumptuous amounts of curd. I had loved it. And then while watching the movie, I had started thinking about a project related problem. A problem I had been facing with respect to testing a certain module. A problem that had dependency on conditions beyond my control. And I had started feeling sleepy. The movie was a "many time watched" one. The food in the full stomach and the other roomie sleeping right in the living room had triggered the sleep in mid afternoon. Didn't wanted though. What a waste it was to sleep in the day.

Still the body demanded and I went to sleep. Within a few minutes of lying on the bed, I had the solution to the problem. The impatient monster in me, wanted me to start my bike and run over to office and get the results. Someone was staring straight into the shining sun, in the back ground. And the trance came.

Rebooting complete…

How many times does it so happen when one wakes up from sleep to amnesia? Why did it happen? I do not know but the trance was rejuvenating. Suddenly I look at myself in the mirror as I wash my face to clean away the grogginess and I look better. Guess it was not a day wasted after all…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marketing strategy...

Winter is "chillilng"... pun intended

Askers vs Believers