Transcendental

This one from my other blog page thats going down from now on...
Reading Richard Bach, for quite some time now, and he just jettisons me into new horizons of the unknown. Reading him in his memoirs I realized that he was being too haughty when he writes that after a flight he looks down on mere mortals crawling on the highway, with a feeling of pity for them "did you just win over a battle against imminent death, did you rise triumphant over strong cross winds flying majestically over the mob?". Somehow I find myself against him for the first time.And the next moment I was standing on the roof of my building, looking around in the void, with no purpose at all binoculars on my eyes...and distant hillocks of Pune called me to them, and lo!!! I rise to conquer them as I have a zillion times now...In 15 minutes I was on top, in the lap of nature...Spent 3 whole hours, doing what?, and then returned. Still cant explain what drove me to take a different path down than usual, a path too steep a path too rocky, a path never treaded upon...In the twilight as I walked back home, and on the way back was suddenly filled with a similar feeling, how many of those around me have been where I had just been, though the heights were open to all calling them, how many dared to climb them just for the sake of it, and how many would take to coming down a different way than others...Again I was at comfort with my favorite writer, guide and more...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marketing strategy...

Winter is "chillilng"... pun intended

Askers vs Believers