Tauji

The days of old

Every year during summer vacations, we used to visit our hometown. That was a time of reunion with all brothers and sisters, dadi, bua, chacha, taiji and "tauji". The term Tauji, seemingly bursting out of the term Tau, encompassed the thought of "elder" and awesomeness. With his quiet demeanor and the incapacity of getting angry no matter how hard we tried to get on his nerves, a chill crawled down our spines when he would address us with utmost respect as if we were not kids.
The days of old, when we used to go around the city, a bunch of rowdy kids with our dog, discovering new alleys and roads with our gang leader kukku didi. It was fun. We were kids then.

The new days

Kukku didi has a school going kid. She made us mama, mausi long back and it never mattered. We were still kids, a little grown up though. My own kid sister now has her kid, and I am mama to another kid. But mama always meant utmost fun and frolick, after all I am blessed with such.

The now

I sat back playing an online game on my console, while my laptop burnt a new CD with some favorite songs, for my latest topless girlfriend.
And I get a call. The first words coming out from the other end say "Tu tauji ban gaya" (You're a Tauji now). It takes a minute to register since I am preoccupied with 6 different things. I can, though on average we can do 3 tasks at a time. But when it does, I do congratulate my brother. I also say thank you for he started with awarding a medal to me.
But what a medal. All in a moment, I've been transformed into an epitome of being an "elder".
Lolzzz!!! Me, an elder. That sucks...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marketing strategy...

Winter is "chillilng"... pun intended

Askers vs Believers