Bikes: Avenger vs. Karizma

Ever since I sold off my own bike, I have been riding different ones of my friends. The biking trips do not seem to get deterred and we keep riding kilometers over kilometers.

Let's first visit some fast facts; I am always afraid of sitting pillion because of two reasons. I do not know how to sit comfortably as pillion and I believe more in myself as the rider rather than leaving my life in the hands of the other rider. But then, I cannot keep riding all the time.

So recently I rode a Karizma and an Avenger and here is my take on these two bikes.

Had been, occasionally, riding that Karizma for some time, now. Yesterday was no different. As ever propounded by Hero Honda, Karizma is one powerful bike with good looks. It rides high and fast but even after riding it multiple times, I could never get the hang of this bike. The very first problem that it poses is the sheer height of this thing which moves the CG very high. The bike never seems safe to me above 80 KMPH. It's not that no one ever rides it above that; after all Manas and Jolly do ride it high and heavy. Manas has even reached 110, or maybe even more. But to me, the bike always seems to leave the road above 80 KMPH. Not that it vibrates, not that it swivels, but it just seem to have lifted from the ground. That's because of it's highly aerodynamic design that allows it to pick up fast but then it also prevents it from sticking strong to the ground. And then it has the "always front facing" chassis that does not give a fair idea of where it's heading to.

And the dropping down seat never makes me comfortable sitting as pillion.

Then there was Avenger. Rode it for the first time, yesterday. The bike had a few faults, not because of its inherent nature but because of the way that machine was maintained. But it didn't take me much to get a hang of it's braking system (the rear brake was a bit weak due to few missed servicing appointments). After that, nothing could stop me to cruise above 95 KMPH. Saw the needle cross 95 and then only the thought that I was riding it for the first time and that too with a flawed braking system, crossed my mind. It was an awesome experience having that powerful engine thumping under my seat, with the all metal body reverberating the cool vibrations. No other bike, that I have ridden yet, than Enfield and the old powerful Yezdi could match that.

And the backrest ensured a comfortable pillion ride.

The only downside of the Avenger was the footrest. The feet stood at an almost vertical angle so having a U shaped brace on the footrest, to hold the heels would have made the ride even better. But Guess if I'll ever buy this machine, maybe I won't Enfield is the way to go now, I'll get those footrest customized.

Comments

manas said…
Good deception & summation of all the points...
The deviating factors are less but important as
1. CC difference of 24
2. Pillion guard
3. Looks (Cruse Vs Racer )
4. Tyre Width (Cruiser score here..)
5. Last but not the least ..Average :P

Popular posts from this blog

Marketing strategy...

Winter is "chillilng"... pun intended

Askers vs Believers